Association of the Marine Corps VMGR and VMR Community
Membership open to all ranks and MOS's of anyone ever serving in or in direct support of any VMR or VMGR Squadron.
The Marine Corps Air Transport Association is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit charitable organization incorporated in the state of Texas. All donations are tax deductible.
Purpose of MCATA
The Marine Corps Air Transport Association is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of the Internal Revenue Service Code of 1954, as amended and is an IRS tax exempt organization. MCATA is incorporated in the State of Texas. Our EIN is: 84-2090450
The association is made up of active duty, reserve, formerly serving and retired Marines and their families and invited friends. The purpose of the organization as stated in our charter is as follows:
1) To promote professionalism, camaraderie and service to and among Marines and their family members whether active duty, reserve, retired or former in the U.S. and in all foreign countries.
2) To foster, encourage and perpetuate the memory and spirit of friendship among our comrades in arms who are now or have been members of any Marine Corps air transport, air transport and refueling or any other supporting squadrons or units.
3) To perpetuate the history and traditions of the Marine Corps Air Transport Association.
4) To promote and safeguard the principles of justice freedom, and democracy.
5) To foster patriotism, love of our country and our flag; to perpetuate the spirit and traditions of the United States Marine Corps.
6) To promote and cultivate social intercourse and fellowship among our members.
7) To hold meetings and social gatherings for the better realization of the purposes of our association.
8) And such other lawful purposes from time to time the association may choose to pursue.