Here's hoping you have the best year ever in 2023! We at MCATA think it's going to be a great year for our association and our members.
1. MEMBERSHIP: Our numbers are growing steadily. We are approaching 400 dues paid members. In 2015 we had 142 and the association was probably heading toward dissolution. There are many more Marines out there eligible who are not members and others have let their dues lapse. Let's try to get them all onboard.
DUES NOTICES ARE GOING OUT NOW. PLEASE PAY YOUR DUES SO YOUR MEMBERSHIP DOESN'T LAPSE. http://www.mcata.com/joinrenew
2. 2023 REUNION: Our reunion plans for our 2023 reunion are well underway. We have the hotel locked on and a venue for our banquet and most likely a pig pickin'. Other plans in works are for a visit to VMGR-252. This reunion is in New Bern in a beautiful location along the Neuse River. You won't want to miss it. The hotel link is already open for reservations. If you even think you might attend, but aren't sure, you might want to make reservations. You can always cancel. By making reservations now you can help us get a better idea of how many attendees we'll have.
3. REUNION HOTEL REGISTRATION IS OPEN: You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.
Start Date: Sunday, October 15, 2023
End Date: Thursday, October 26, 2023
Last Day to Book: Monday, September 18, 2023
Hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
· Courtyard New Bern for 149 USD - 169 USD per night
NOTE: THE ACTUAL EVENT DATES ARE THURSDAY 19 OCT (WITH EARLY BIRD CHECK IN ON WEDNESDAY 18 OCT) TO SUNDAY 22 OCT (FLY/DRIVE AWAY DAY). THE DATES BELOW REFLECT THE EXTENDED DISCOUNT DATES FOR THOSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND THEIR STAY.
Book Online: Book your group rate for MCATAR
If you wish to call and make reservations directly with the hotel:
4. VMGR MEMORIAL MONUMENT: We are making steady headway on fundraising for our VMGR Memorial Monument. We are about 70% of the way to our goal, but still need about $50,000 to ensure we have enough to build the monument and have a first-class dedication ceremony. For the first time the VMGR community will have a monument in recognition of our community and those who gave their all at the National Museum of the Marine Corps. www.mcata.com/vmgrmemorial
5. We are continually working to make our website better by adding more pages and more information. The latest addition is a "blog" page. For those unfamiliar, blog is short for web log and is simply a page for posting any information of interest to our members. This email will be posted to our blog for example, as will information about the reunion, monument and interesting stories and commentary. This link will take you to that page. You can bookmark it on your browser as a favorite and come back from time to time to review new posts. www.mcata.com/blog