ITS TIME TO REGISTER FOR OUR ANNUAL MCATA REUNION AND CONVENTION COMING 18-21 OCT, 2018
DON'T DELAY OR YOU'LL GET LEFT OUT.
151730z August 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/PRESIDENT FORT WORTH TX//
SUBJ/2018 ANNUAL REUNION AND CONVENTION//
1. Our 2018 Marine Corps Air Transport Association Annual Reunion and Convention will be held from 18-21 Oct 2018 at the Astor Crown Plaza Hotel in New Orleans Louisiana. All members and all current and former VMGR and VMR Marines and their guests are invited and encouraged to attend. If you are not a current (dues paid through 2018) member or if you are not sure, you may update your membership by clicking on this link and joining or updating your membership. Join/Renew Current membership is required to attend the reunion and enjoy our events.
2. It is time to make hotel reservations and register. Do not delay! Many have already registered and only a few hotel rooms remain at the discounted block rate. Featured at the hotel is a very nice hospitality room which will have an open bar throughout the reunion. There is also a Cajun/Creole Jazz Brunch at the Court of Two Sisters which will feature 60 different cajun and creole dishes plus live music. A trip to the world famous National World War Two Museum at discounted group rates which also has the option to view the award winning Tom Hanks narrated movie "Beyond All Boundaries". Finally, on Saturday 20 October there will be our general membership meeting followed that evening by our banquet. Throughout there is time for you to stroll through New Orleans and see the sites. There are convenient trolleys that you can jump on and off around the French Quarter.
3. The first thing to do, RIGHT NOW, is reserve your room at the hotel. You may do so by clicking on this link MCATA- Marine Corp Air Transport Association . You may also call the reservation line directly at 1-877-408-9661. Use the code QCM to receive the discounted room rate. The rate will apply three days before and after the event for those wishing to extend their stay as long as rooms are available.
4. Next, you need to register for the event itself. The easiest way to register is online. Click this link 2018 Reunion Registration to go to the registration page. You can register online and pay by credit card or register and we'll send you an invoice and you can pay by sending us a check.If you prefer to use a paper registration form and mail it to us you can find a downloadable copy at this link 2018 REUNION MEMBER AND GUEST REGISTRATION FORM.FINAL.pdf. Please try to register online if you can. It's easy and saves us time transcribing information into this database. Further details about the schedule and events can be viewed by clicking on the Event Details link. More details will be added as we get closer to the event.
5. Many of you choose this time of year around the reunion to make your donations. If you wish to do so, please just click this link and you can do that online. Donate to MCATA Or send a check. We still take good old fashioned cash. :-)
6. IMPORTANT NOTE: Here is an important note about using a credit card on our site. We use PayPal as a clearinghouse for our credit card transactions; however, you DO NOT have to have a PayPal account to pay with your credit card. When you get to the PayPal page DO NOT log into PayPal, but simply go to the form right below that and fill in your credit card information and click on the "Pay Now" button at the bottom of the page and you're all set! If you want to register now, but wait to pay until later you can do that as well. When you are ready to pay you can just come back to the web page here and you'll see a reminder message in the lower right hand corner of this home page that you have an invoice pending. Click on that and it will take you back to the PayPal page. Doing that will help us have a better idea of who is coming so we can prepare and we appreciate that.
7. The slideshow below gives you a glimpse of our venue. Here are a couple more useful links for those that want a deeper dive:
Hurry! Do not be left out of this very special event! New Orleans is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world and the National WW ll Museum is the number on attraction in New Orleans and is widely acclaimed as one of the very best.
You'll be hearing more about our event and our entertainment venues in the coming weeks. We look forward to seeing you in New Orleans!
Richard J Driscoll
CWO-4 USMC (Ret)